The 3rd monthly meeting of the Board of the European Muslim Forum took place at the Hôtel Lutetoa in Paris on 10 December 2018. The two previous Board meetings took place in Rome (October) and Brussels (November). A number of important decisions have been made, including an appointment of new members to the Council of EMF:
- Mr. Khadzhimurat Omarov, Deputy of the State Duma of Russian Federation from Republic of Bashkortostan, Russia
- Mr. Ahmad al-Dubayan, Director of the Islamic Cultural Center in London, UK.
- Mr. Nasib Piriyev, Founder of PNN Group and Buta Festival Director, London, UK
- Mr. David Munir, Imam of the Central Mosque of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Mr. Hussein Aldaoudi, Chairman of the Committee for Dialogue and Civilizational Communication of Scandinavian Council for Relations, Orebro, Sweden.
- Mr. Murat Yusef, Mufti of Romania, Constanta, Dobrudja region.
- Mr. Ildar Muhhametsin, Mufti of Estonia, Tallinn.
Board members had fruitful meetings with various public, political and religious leaders of France, and actively participated in two major Muslim events of the year - Congress of Muslims of France, and International Muslim Forum - where the EMF team presented the organization and its vision. As a result, there has been received a number of requests for cooperation from other international and local organizations and individuals.
EMF Board members are planning to meet in London, UK and one of the Balkan countries: we will inform when exact dates are fixed.
Also our organization is getting ready for our major events in Istanbul and Moscow, dates of which are also expected to be known soon.
One of the key things that needs to be done is registration shortly - our lawyers are working on the process of registration in various jurisdictions.
Secretariat of the European Muslim Forum
72 rue Maraîchers
75020 Paris, France